I talk a lot about Mental Prayer, but personally I get bogged down and often it feels like a chore. A reader named Alex wrote me about when “prayer feels like a chore.” I can relate. Trust me.
In today’s podcast, I talk about my own struggles and give three suggestions to overcome the idea that prayer is a chore – something to merely check off the list.
Also, due to the overwhelming response – the old intro music is back!
I also talk about Saint Alexander and the death of the heretic Arius who died on the toilet (as depicted in the image below). You won’t want to miss that story. It’s in this podcast’s “Saint of the Week” feature.
Click to Listen: When Prayer Becomes a Chore
If audio player does not show up in your email or browser, click here to listen.
[Visit the Taylor Marshall Podcast ARCHIVE to explore other topics by clicking here for podcast archives.]
Proverb of the Week:
Tip of the Week:
email subscriptions to blogs
Saint of the Week:
St Alexander of Constantinople (and the death of Arius on the toilet)
Latin Word of the Week:
Please Share Your Feedback
- Our new podcast is still doing great on iTunes: 55,110 downloads!
- Please click here for an easy way to leave a question.
- A huge “THANK YOU” to all 102 (!) of you who wrote amazing 5-star reviews at iTunes.
- If you’re new, you can rate this podcast by clicking here and then “View in iTunes.” From there you can leave a review.
- I appreciate you for this!