Close your eyes. Place yourself in your favorite room or location (beach with toes in sand, ski lodge with fireplace, study with leather chairs). Next place your favorite imagery and sound around you. Place your favorite meal on a table next to you. Place your favorite drink in your hand.
Now get ready for your interview. Keep your eyes closed and keep imagining.
Suddenly there’s a knock on the door and it’s Jesus Christ. If you’re at the beach, have him walk up to you over the waves.
It’s a spiritual interview. It’s a 5 minute check up. Here are the questions that Christ might ask you:
- What’s your favorite spiritual book?
- Show me one of your spiritual projects? Did you get it going?
- Who is your spiritual mentor in life right now? (You have one right now even if you haven’t deliberately chosen one)
- What’s the #1 question you have for me? (that is, a question that you have for Christ)
- What’s the #1 problem that you need to me (Christ) to solve right at this moment?
- What’s the #1 thing that makes you unhappy about being by disciple and friend?
- What’s the #1 thing in your life that you want to hide from me?
- What is your reaction to me? (example answers: hug, genuflect, high five, roll eyes, turn away, cross arms, cry on my neck)
Seriously, get alone, close your eyes and work through these questions. I’m not concerned about your answers – this is not a poll. The point is: Can you give an answer for each question? Can you articulate the good and bad your life in the presence of Christ. That’s the key!
Sometimes we are so distracted by life, we cannot even engage the eternal questions facing us every day. We don’t even know where to begin. Begin here. Feel the questions press up on your heart and formulate an answer. It’s like getting a physical medical check up for your soul.
Take a 1-3 minutes and squirm around with the questions. This is the beginning of an important chapter of spiritual growth for you. Get some clarity about where you are with Christ.
Question: If you feel comfortable sharing your answers, please to do by leaving a comment. You can leave a comment by clicking here.