Top Ten Quotes from Saint Teresa of Avila, Saint and Doctor of the Catholic Church:
- “Patience attains All that it strives for. He who has God Finds he lacks nothing: God alone suffices.”
- “It is love alone that gives worth to all things”
- “Accustom yourself continually to make many acts of love, for they enkindle and melt the soul.”
- “Pain is never permanent.”
- “To have courage for whatever comes in life – everything lies in that.”
- “What a great favor God does to those He places in the company of good people!”
- “More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones.”
- “It is true that we cannot be free from sin, but at least let our sins not be always the same.”
- (said of God): “If this is the way you treat your friends, it’s no wonder you have so few!”
- “Let nothing disturb thee, nothing affright thee; all things are passing; God never changeth.”
Number 7 is my favorite! Which is yours?
Comments Policy: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic. If your comment contains a hyperlink to another site, your comment automatically goes into "Comments Purgatory" where it waits for release by way of moderation.