For this month of December, I am dedicating every blog post, every podcast, and every course in the New Saint Thomas Institute to the honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Everything is going to be about our Blessed Mother for 31 days without interruption. I’m consecrating my life and this apostolate to the Immaculate Heart of Mary by placing it all under her mantle.
To kick off our “Month of Mary,” here’s a free sample video from the New Saint Thomas Institute (NSTI) about our Blessed Lady. I hope you enjoy it and learn a ton:
“VIDEO: Did Thomas Aquinas Deny the Immaculate Conception?”
In today’s NSTI online course we accomplish the following:
- Establish the biblical basis of the Immaculate Conception from the Greek of Luke 1:28
- Discover the Immaculate Conception in the Church Fathers
- Focus on the Medieval debate over the Immaculate Conception
- Describe the 3 progressive stages of Thomas Aquinas’ thought regarding the Immaculate Conception
Usually, these courses are only for Members of the New Saint Thomas Institute. However, the Immaculate Conception is a critical topic, I wanted everyone to see this one.
I’m also offering a special offer for new Members, which you can read about below the video. Enjoy the class:
Did Thomas Aquinas Deny the Immaculate Conception?
Extra Bonus Video: PALEGAS – Seven Deadly Sins and Their Daughters by Thomas Aquinas
Special Membership Offer for Joining NSTI
A made a vow to Our Lady of Guadalupe that if she would pray for and bless the New Saint Thomas Institute, I would go on a pilgrimage to thank her in Mexico City at the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
Well, she has certainly gone above and beyond what I had hoped. The New Saint Thomas Institute is doing better than ever and I am planning to make a pilgrimage to Mexico City.
In honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe, we’re making a special Membership offer to anyone who joins between now and 3pm US Central time on December 12, the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
Your 10 extra benefits if you sign up before 3pm on Dec 12:
- I’m giving you the “How to Learn and Pronounce Latin” Course ($197) for FREE.
- My mp3 presentation on the Theology of Saint Joseph: Josephology
- My mp3 presentation on “How we Lost Catholic Masculinity and How We Can Regain It”
- My mp3 presentation on “How to Pray the Rosary Daily”
- Ebook version (pdf) of my book The Crucified Rabbi: Judaism and the Origins of Catholicism ($8.95)
- Locked in tuition at the same level as our Charter Members: 25 per month
- Access to our Member Theological Forum
- Thomas Aquinas Reading list (Bibliography)
- Outlines to the Summa theologiae
- Full access to all previous high-definition video courses. This means literally hours of interesting and college courses in theology. Here’s what you get:
Current Online Video catalogue of the New Saint Thomas Institute
Here are the videos (all filmed in HD quality) that you’ll have access to, plus all future video courses:
- 7 Reasons to Love Saint Thomas Aquinas
- How to Read the Summa theologiae of Thomas Aquinas
- How to Explain Indulgences – Interview with Dr. Mary Moorman
- How to Read the Summa in 1 Year – Interview with David Palmer
- The Structure of Your Soul according to Thomas Aquinas
- PALEGAS: The Seven Deadly Sins & Their “Daughters” according to Thomas Aquinas
- Avoiding Logical Fallacies Part 1
- Avoiding Logical Fallacies Part 2
- Faith Hope and Charity – Thomistic Guide to 3 Theological Virtues
- Layman’s Advice to Reading the Summa
- Which Summa Version Should You Buy?
- Can a Pagan be Virtuous? Intro to 4 Cardinal Virtues
- Did Thomas Aquinas Deny the Immaculate Conception? (video featured above)
- Is Mary the Mediatrix of All Graces?
- Mary as Mediatrix of the 7 Sacraments
- Top 5 Marian Devotions
- Did Mary Experience a Painful Delivery (Scripture, Fathers, Thomas Aquinas)
You can get all of this for only $25 – the price of one hardback book at Barnes and Noble. Click here to sign up.
Frequently Asked Questions about NSTI
What if I sign up and don’t like it? Do I get to keep the bonuses?
Yes, when you download the bonuses, they are yours.
Signing up just to get the bonuses is technically taking advantage of the system, but we are so confident that you will LOVE the NSTI that we are not worried about it. Please see our member endorsements and testimonials below to see how much our Members love NSTI.
What if I want to quit?
You can quit any time. There is no catch. No tricks. It’s month to month. Unlike colleges, we don’t have a semester long contract. It’s about learning more Scripture, the Church Fathers, medieval philosophy, and contemporary application.
What if I’m not a scholar?
We currently have hundreds of Members at all levels. We have Members with PhDs and we have Members who didn’t finish college. We also have priests, deacons, religious, and lay people.
What unites us is our passion for learning Catholic theology.
I don’t get it. How is all this offered at such a low tuition: 25 per month?
You’re average college course is between $2,000-$2,200 per class!
I’ve been a college prof, dean, and chancellor. It’s my dream to make orthodox, magisterial Catholic teaching available at 1/50th (2%) of the cost of tuition at Catholic institutions of higher education. By using the internet, community forums, and pooling together, we are able to accomplish this apostolate of affordable theology courses.
What are our Members saying about the New Saint Thomas Institute?
Don’t just take my word for it. Here is what the Members of the New Saint Thomas Institute are saying:
I signed up for the New Saint Thomas Institute; best decision I could have made to help my faith. Well done.” – J Griffith
I can already tell that this Institute is going to be a great aid to me in my weekly encounters!” – Nathan
The NSTI is an answer to decades of prayer. Thank you.” – Kathryn
The NSTI (New Saint Thoms Institute) is fantastic! If I can understand St. Thomas Aquinas and the Summa Theologica (well..I’m learning)…then Taylor Marshall is one fantastic professor. Seriously, you need to check it out! – Terry
Wow, this website is awesome. Something I always was looking for and now so easy to find and great explanations for the answers from St. Thomas. This is why I signed up! Thanks Dr. Marshall. – Christine
Thank you Dr. Marshall! I have a Masters Degree from an incredibly great university, but it was always assumed that we just knew how to read the Summa…I sort of figured it out and stumbled through it…but you have illuminated it for us! Keep up the awesome work of God! – Derek
Yes, I was intimidated and overwhelmed before, but this gives me a great way to tackle the Summa and not feel like I’m drowning. – Leslee
I’ve purchased several books, in addition to the Summa, as springboards to studying it, but I was unable to get off the starting block because I felt inadequate to the task. Then, by the grace of God, I came across the New St. Thomas Institute and had a chance to enroll as a charter member. After listening to Taylor’s video introductions and knowing that I’ll have access to the Forum and online help, the sky’s the limit! – Patricia
This class is an answer to prayer. I am in graduate school at a Catholic University and expected this type of lesson and conversation, but, sigh, not. I love the format, as well as the topic. Thanks again. – Colleen
I’m learning who I am already. Wow..these lessons are blessings from God. Things are getting much clearer. Thanks again…:) – Pat
You know, I went to a good high school. Got three degrees, summa cum laude. Yet never once did I encounter the Trivium and Quadrivium in anything other than passing references. My extensive education is in many ways far inferior to basic medieval instruction. On the one hand I find this deeply discouraging, but on the other, that’s exactly what we’re here at the New Saint Thomas Institute in order to rectify! – Ryan
I am a student Brother in the Dominican order. I have signed up for the institute and am already taking advantage of the videos provided. Let me stress how impressed I am with the institute and the many resources I have seen so far. Thank you for popularizing St. Thomas and being an advocate for sound theology on line. This is exactly what the Church needs at this moment in history. – Br. Bradley Thomas Elliott, O.P.
I’m super excited about this! What a great endeavor! – Debora
Make a New Year’s Resolution to start learning your Faith. Let the NSTI help you accomplish this goal!
Sign up now and become a Member of the New Saint Thomas Institute (and get your 10 FREE bonuses) by clicking here.
Offer ends at 3pm on December 12 – Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.