Below are 21 facts about the one whom Saint Paul calls “the man of sin” (2 Thess 2:3)…the Antichrist.
1. He will be an intellectual genius.
2. He will be an oratorical genius.
3. He will be a political genius.
4. He will be a commercial genius.
Dan. 11:43; Rev. 13:16-17
5. He will be a military genius.
Rev. 6:2; 13:2
6. He will be a religious genius.
2 Thess. 2:4; Rev. 13:8
7. He will begin by controlling the West.
8. He will make a seven-year covenant with Israel/Church but will break it after three and a half years.
9. He will attempt to destroy the Church.
10. He will destroy the false religious system so that he may rule unhindered.
11. He will set himself up as God.
Dan. 11:36-37; 2 Thess. 2:4, 11; Rev. 13:5
12. He will briefly rule over all nations.
Ps. 2; Dan. 11:36; Rev. 13:16
13. He will be utterly defeated by our Lord Jesus Christ.
14. He will be cast into the lake of fire.
15. He will be a master of deceit.
2 Thess. 2:10
16. He will profane the Temple. Catholic interpreters debate over whether “temple” means the Catholic Church or whether it means a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem. Augustine wrote “it is uncertain in what temple [the Antichrist] shall sit, whether in that ruin of the temple which was built by Solomon, or in the Church.” City of God 20, 19.
17. He will be energized by Satan himself.
18. He will do everything according to his own selfish will.
19. He will not regard the God of his fathers.
20. He will not have the desire of women (or similarly: He will lust like women do, i.e. He will lust after men.)
21. His god will be Satan.