My goal this week is to talk to you about infant baptism. If faith is something someone must know and understand and it must be a personal decision from the heart, why do we baptize children? They do not make a decision? Moreover, one might say that Catholicism has so many nominal members precisely because of infant baptism. Would it better to just wait till people mature and make the decision themselves? We will look at these common objections and then the biblical and historical reasons for baptizing infants.
Click to Listen: #055: Why Do We Baptize Babies?
- Proverb of the week: Prov 25:19
- Featured Segment: We do we baptized babies?
- We had a great live webinar. We had over 1,000 participants. We gave away free books and a membership to the New Saint Thomas Institute. We also did some live Q&A on the fly. So if you are interested in being involved in our next live webinar, please go to taylormarshall.com, sign up for our free book and we’ll send you an invite to join the next webinar.
- Also, we will be releasing a weekly video on youtube. We released one this past week on the Synod of Bishops for Marriage and Family Life. If you’re confused about homosexuality, the Synod, the Relatio document, or alarming statements from cardinals, then please watch this video. Just go to Youtube and search “Taylor Marshall.”
- Tip of the week: Trello
- Latin word of the week: paedobaptisma
Are you enjoying this podcast? Please share it on Facebook by clicking here.
Please Share Your Feedback:
- 249,346 downloads on iTunes as of today.
- SHOUT OUT: A huge “shout out” to all 243 (!) of you who wrote amazing 5-star reviews at iTunes. Please rate this podcast by clicking here and then click “View in iTunes.” From there you can leave a review. I appreciate you for this! Thank you!
- SUBSCRIBE: Please subscribe (FREE) to this podcast in iTunes and get a new podcast every Wednesday.
- SURVEY: Please view our Podcast Listener Poll by clicking here.
Question: What are other helpful ways that we can explain infant baptism? Do have any recommendations or advice to share?
Question: What are other helpful ways that we can explain infant baptism? Do have any recommendations or advice to share?You can leave a comment by clicking here.